Berlin’s Stone Brewing to Distribute Beer in Cans
You may or may not have heard that one of the US’s best craft beer brewers have recently opened up shop in Berlin. The brewery based in Marienpark, Berlin will commence production this year with their restaurant, Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens opening shortly after.
The company have recently released their exciting 2016 beer release schedule which includes year-round keg production as well as aluminium cans. It’s long been argued that the production of beer into cans as opposed to bottles helps to lock in flavours and fresheness.
At the heart of our business is a dedication to fresh, high-quality beer and cans are the ideal packaging for preserving the unique, bold flavors we work so hard to achieve. Additionally, research shows clearly that cans offer incredible benefits in terms of sustainability and we are confident they will be the smartest decision in reducing our carbon and environmental footprint.
Stone is the ninth largest craft brewery in the United States known for their strong range of creative, innovative beers. Aluminium cans were carefully selected for production alongside kegs because of their many benefits to bottles:
- Cans maintain the quality of the beer – Cans optimize the protection of flavor. They have an absolute barrier to oxygen and are the only individual packaging with an absolute barrier to light,2 preventing “stale” and “skunky” off-flavors.
- Modern aluminum cans have zero impact on flavor – One misconception about the quality of beer stored in cans is that aluminum migration can take place and result in a metal-tasting beer. Modern industry standards in can production prevents any aluminum reaction with the beer.3
- Cans are lightweight and essentially unbreakable – They’re the easy choice when on the go at camping spots, the beach, hiking trails, parks, sporting events and more.
You can expect to see the following four beers canned this year and distributed throughout Europe alongside some special, limited edition releases.
- Stone IPA – This is the iconic West Coast-style IPA that launched a generation of hop fanatics.
- Stone Ruination Double IPA – A liquid poem to the glory of the hop.” The first full-time brewed and bottled West Coast-style double IPA on the planet.
- Arrogant Bastard Ale – This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.
- Stone Cali-Belgique IPA – Southern California meets Belgium. Our hoppy, citrusy IPA becomes more rounded thanks to a special Belgian yeast strain. Tropical fruits with hints of bubblegum and spiciness compliment the clean bitterness.
Check out this infographic by the guys at Stone that explains a bit more about their choice to go with cans.